Seattle Blind Cleaners’ Service Agreement (aka: Terms and Conditions) is designed to help our clients understand the service they are purchasing. These terms clarify and describe our guarantee, exclusions, cancellations and potential problems we strive to avoid if at all possible. With your help, these issues can be avoided to ensure a successful service for you. These Terms of Service define the responsibilities and liabilities of Seattle Blind Cleaners and our customers. We hope to earn your continuing business with each and every blind cleaning.
By scheduling service with Seattle Blind Cleaners, a division of Seattle Green Cleaner, LLC, you are agreeing to accept the following terms and conditions:
General Limits, Conditions and Liability:
Due to the many invisible factors that may affect the life and appearance of blinds and shades, and given that it is impossible to predict what is underneath dirt and dust on blinds, professional blind cleaners cannot always determine what the result of the cleaning process will be.
The approximate life expectancy of mini blinds is nine years and only six years for cloth shades. However, exposure to certain environmental factors and possible circumstances by individual consumers can substantially shorten the life of the blinds and shades. Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/cords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
Seattle Blind Cleaners cannot guarantee against and will not be held liable for the following:
- Dulling, discoloration, deterioration or removal of paint or finish on blinds and shades due to sun exposure, oxidation, food/grease stains, extreme soil, or any blinds/shades previously cleaned, especially with harsh cleansers or household chemicals.
- Broken, bent, scratched or previously damaged blinds and shades.
- Missing parts or pieces, or cords and strings with sun rot.
- Complete removal of water spots, stains, mold and mildew, food and grease or gray heat stains.
- On metallic backed shades, areas where backing has worn off, or preexisting damage to backing that may not be noticeable until after cleaning.
- Faulty or defective glue on honeycomb, Duette, and pleated shades.
- Shrinkage on shades that have not been pre-shrunk.
- Brushed Aluminum or metallic finish on aluminum blinds.
- Water damage/swelling to wood blinds. When immersed in an ultrasonic cleaner, the cut ends and route holes can absorb water, potentially damaging the finish or creating swelling in the wood. For this reason, we are happy to clean wood blinds by hand with the understanding that without the use of water, the strings will not get as clean as other types of blinds cleaned using Ultrasonic Technology.
- We will not clean blackout silhouettes since water damages the glue that binds the blackout portion of the shade.
Blinds and/or Shades cleaned and/or repaired by Seattle Blind Cleaners will be assumed to be in acceptable condition unless informed by the customer within 2 business days of the completion of service. All repair work has a 90-day warranty on parts and labor. Seattle Blind Cleaners accepts no responsibility should the customer choose not to review or regard this information. It is the responsibility of the customer to immediately notify Seattle Blind Cleaners (within 2 business days) of any problems regarding Seattle Blind Cleaners’ services.
Insurance, General Liability Insurance, and Tax Reporting:
Seattle Blind Cleaners, a division of Seattle Green Cleaner, LLC is licensed, bonded and insured. Since our technicians are W-2 employees (not contractors), if something is damaged in your home, you are protected through our Liability Insurance. We promise our customers that all employer-required taxes for our technicians' services are reported to local, state and federal agencies. All technicians are covered by Washington State Workers Compensation Insurance (L&I) for any injuries occurring inside your home. All of our technicians are covered by Washington State Employment Insurance.
Before your blind cleaning appointment:
Please make sure our technicians have easy access to each window. We ask that you remove any obstacles that may hinder their free and clear access to each window prior to arrival. Large obstacles are typically pieces of furniture, potted plants, or large amounts of clutter that may impede a technician’s ability to safely access the window covering.
If there are large obstacles which our technicians must move to safely gain access to a window, we will charge an hourly rate of $50 in 15 minute increments. For example: If our technician spends 15 minutes moving furniture to gain access to windows, you will be charged $12.50 (.25 hours X $50 = $12.50).
Our technicians exercise the most reasonable care while inside your home. Making sure they have free and clear access to each window prior to their arrival, will lessen the likelihood of damage to your belongings. We will not be held liable for damage of any item that creates an obstacle to our technicians gaining access to a window.
Interior Window Cleaning:
We are happy to clean the interior windows before rehanging blinds for those windows. If you would like us to clean the interior windows prior to delivery/hanging of clean blinds/shades, we are happy to do so at the rate of $5 per standard window or $10 per large window (3 or more sections). If you have us clean 6 standard windows, for example, the additional charge would be $30.00
Scheduled “Arrival Time” for pick-up and delivery:
When scheduling your service, we provide an estimated arrival window of 3 hours for pick-up and delivery of your blinds. Actual arrival time may vary due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic jams, weather, needing extra time to finish at a previous home, etc.).
- You will receive an automatic email reminder one day prior to your scheduled cleaning appointment. This will give the start time of the 3 hour arrival window.
Pets escaping from the home:
We take great care of all our customers, including pets. Our technicians are trained to close doors as soon as they enter and exit your home and will not leave doors open for long periods. We cannot be responsible for pets that “escape” when our technicians are entering/exiting your home.
Estimates/Prices/Minimum Service Fees:
- Our estimates are based on the number of blinds cleaned.
- We clean blinds/shades that are 8 feet wide or less.
- We charge $30 each for Mini Blinds.
- We charge $35 each for Faux Wood Blinds.
- We charge $40 each for Cellular/Honeycomb Blinds, Shades, and Real Wood Blinds.
- We have a $200 minimum service fee for cleaning blinds/shades, which includes pick-up and delivery along with removal from the window and re-installation after cleaning.
- Save 10% by removing and rehanging blinds yourself. We'll gladly take 10% off the total price for the convenience of our technician only needing to pick-up and drop-off your blinds/shades.
- If you would like us to repair your blinds without cleaning them, we have a $150 minimum service fee.
If we notice any blinds or shades require repair, we will let you know immediately and will offer to repair them. We do not require broken/damaged blinds to be repaired by us, but the $200 minimum service fee will still be charged.
$20 off Professional House Cleaning:
House cleaning and clean blinds go hand in hand! Receive $20 off your initial house cleaning service of $200 or more with Seattle Green Cleaner. Simply get an Instant Estimate online and you’ll receive $20 off the total cost of your initial cleaning appointment.
Payment for Services:
Payment is due before the end of the business day (5:00 pm PST) upon job completion. We accept payment by credit card only. We do NOT charge a fee for using credit cards.
- We require a signed Credit Card Authorization Form for PCI Compliance when scheduling an appointment.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover (credit or debit) for full payment upon completion of the job.
- Your credit card will be charged and a receipt will be emailed to you upon completion of the job.
- For larger jobs, we may require a deposit. In the event a deposit is required, we will charge your credit card 50% of the estimated job total and email you a receipt. Upon completion of the job, we will charge the balance to your credit card and email you a receipt.
Late Payment Fee:
- A $10.00 per day late payment fee will be applied when payment is not received during business hours on cleaning day.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of updated credit card information prior to their scheduled service appointment.
You are responsible for providing our staff access/entry to your home during the scheduled appointment time. If you have a scheduled appointment with us and our staff are not able to enter your home (if no one is home to let them in), we will charge a lock-out fee equal to 100% of the estimated cost of service.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment. Providing plenty of notice for cancelling or rescheduling gives us the opportunity to help other customers and provides stability for our employees. Our customers have peace of mind knowing without a doubt we will be at every appointment we schedule. We request the same courtesy from our customers. Since we often schedule weeks in advance, when an appointment is canceled at the last minute, we aren’t able to fill that spot. Our cancellation/rescheduling policy protects our technicians who depend on the hours we have scheduled for them.
- $100.00 Cancellation Fee – A $100 charge will be applied for appointments canceled two business days prior to a scheduled appointment. (If we are able to fill your spot with another appointment, the fee will be waived.)
- 100% Cancellation Fee – Cancellations received within one business day of a scheduled appointment, same-day cancellations and no-show/lock-out appointments are charged 100% of the scheduled service price. When we collect this fee, we still pay our employee technicians as if they’d performed the scheduled service.
- Example of two business days: If your appointment is on a Friday, it must be rescheduled or canceled via email before 5:00 pm on Tuesday to avoid any fees (Wednesday and Thursday are the two business days prior to the scheduled appointment). If your appointment is on a Monday, it must be rescheduled or canceled via email before 5:00 pm on Wednesday to avoid any fees (Thursday and Friday are the two business days prior to the scheduled appointment).
- Business hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Cancellations after 5:00 pm are “The next business day”. Cancellations must be received via email.
Quality Control and Inspections:
- Audits and Inspections: Seattle Blind Cleaners randomly inspects and audits our employees.
- Pictures of before and after work: We may take before and after photos of our work. These pictures are used for training, proof of our work performance and promotion of our high quality standards.
We welcome your feedback:
Getting customer feedback is an important ingredient to a successful cleaning service relationship. Your feedback helps us monitor the performance of your technicians and deliver the highest quality experience in the industry. After your blind cleaning service is completed, we will send you a follow-up email asking you about the service you received, asking you to grade our performance on a scale of 1 to 10, and inviting you to provide honest feedback. Our technicians receive a bonus for each 10-star review received so they really want to do a great job!
Non‐solicitation of employees of Seattle Blind Cleaners:
When entering into an agreement for services with Seattle Blind Cleaners you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member for any kind of cleaning services. We spend a lot of time, money and resources finding, interviewing, checking references, doing background checks, and especially training our technicians. When hired, each technicians signs an agreement barring them from performing any home‐related service for any of our past or present customers or any customer we’ve given an estimate to. If you are found to have solicited one of our technicians, please be advised that our referral/training fee is $3000 per hired employee. Payment is due within 30 days from the date on the invoice. We consider our employees our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
Seattle Blind Cleaners is committed to protecting the privacy of customers. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personal identifiable information to outside parties.